Since 1993 Henderson Canada has been developing the International Village neighbourhood into one of downtown Vancouver’s best master-planned communities. Fully completed in 2009, International Village’s four residential projects (Paris Place, Europa, Firenze, and España) are home to approximately 2,200 people living in 1,300 condominiums.
In addition to the retail components of Firenze and España, this community offers two excellent commercial properties: Paris Square anchored by T&T Supermarket and International Village Mall anchored by Cineplex Odeon International Village Cinemas giving International Village over 400,000ft² of commercial/retail space. All of the retail centres are designed with street orientated retail, which creates a neighbourhood ambience.
- As part of International Village’s master plan, Henderson Canada has built a variety of community amenities.
- Andy Livingstone Park is a city park featuring one of North America’s largest outdoor artificial turfs with two soccer fields, a baseball diamond, tennis courts, and basketball courts.
- Henderson Canada built a child day-care facility and accommodated an elementary school on the Firenze site.
- Henderson Canada provided a portion of International Village at the corner of Abbott and West Pender Streets for the City of Vancouver for the development of non-market housing.
- The Keefer Steps and Keefer Circle provide convenient access to the Stadium Skytrain station and form part of the Silk Road, which connects Chinatown with downtown Vancouver.